Not as powerful as Mordor
Word has come down from the other tower concerning the 2014 regular season. I’ll highlight the things you need to know.
1. USAU is trying to get teams to forfeit less. They included this little bit in the new guidelines-
c. Sanctions – USA Ultimate reserves the right to sanction teams that forfeit games during the regular season.
i. Sanctions may include, but are not limited to disqualification from the regular season and/or series, rankings and/or bid allocation penalties, team and/or player/coach suspensions, financial penalties, and team and/or member conduct hearings. Game forfeits will be dealt with on a case by case basis, taking into account all pertinent facts and perspectives.
2. The Roster Deadline is 5pm MT, Friday, March 7, 2014, and you now must have 10 players on it (up from 7 in past years).
3. This didn’t change, but I figured I would include it: The USA Ultimate College Series will run from April 12 through May 26, 2014.
Sectional Conference Championships are April 12-13 or April 19-20, and Regional Championships April 26-27 or May 3-4.
4. DIII teams must declare their path (take a spot at D1 regionals should they qualify through D3 conferegionals, or go to D3 natties) when they submit their school verified roster.
5. USAU has gotten much harsher in their language about uniform requirements at Nationals. Check this part out-
USA Ultimate reserves the right to disqualify and/or fine players who fail to meet the uniform requirements.
6. Contact call is here to stay it looks like, so start using it more. It is a huge asset to offensive players.
7. In case you’ve never noticed, doing handstands, playing pokey, rock/paper/scissors, or any other assorted game you might do instead of playing is illegal. WHEN WILL THE MADNESS END?
ii. Any team that declines to finish a scheduled game or games or attempts to decide a match by any manner other than playing ultimate on the field will forfeit those games